Dr Kamala Kant Bhoi born and completed schooling in village Melchhamunda, Bargargh, Odisha. After completing higher secondary in Science at Gangadhar Meher College, Sambalpur, Odisha he persuaded MBBS(1996) and MD(General Medicine,2000) at VSS Medical College(Now VIMSAR), Burla, Sambalpur University, Odisha.
He had served in backward rural health centre in Odisha(1997). He also trained in Neurology at autonomous IHBAS(2001-2003), New Delhi prior to his postdoctoral DM(Neurology,2006) at Bangur Institute of Neurology, IPGMER, University of Calcutta. He joined same IHBAS for a short period prior to practicing at MMI(2006-2008, now NH MMI), Raipur. Currently at Shri Balaji Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur(since 2007). His mother tongue is Odia, also well conversant in Hindi, Bengali,Koshali and English.
He has rich experience in Migraine, Epilepsy, Stroke, Neuropathy, Dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Neuroelctrophysiology, Botox injection, etc. He has many national and international publications. He has also participated in many national and international conferences.
OPD : 10 AM – 4 PM (SUNDAY CLOSED)
EPILPSY/HEADACHE CLINIC- EVERY MONDAY
IPD : GENERAL, PVT WARD, NEURO-ICU, DAYCARE OBSERVATION
24 HRS NEURO-EMERGENCY : STROKE - TPA
NEUROTRAUMA - HEAD INJURY
NCV,EMG,EEG,VEP,BAER : ON OPD BASIS
PSG,BOTOX : ON APPOINTMENT ONLY
1. Bhoi KK, Pandit A, Laha D, Misra A, Barma P, Das SK. Central pontine and extrapontine demyelination: A case report and review of literature. Neurol Asia 2008; 51: 117- 118.
2. Bhoi KK, Biswas A, Ganguly PK. Neurodegenerative disorders and homocystine. In: Recent trends in geriatrics and gerontological studies. Ed: Chakraborty DK, Chakraborty S, Computer Centre, Netaji Nagar Day College, Kolkata 2004; Dec: 24-28.
3. Bhoi KK, Biswas A, Roy T. Drug treatment of Epilepsy. Int J of Med Today 2005.
4. Bhoi KK, Laha D, Misra A, Gupta D, Mukherjee JD, Das SK. Coagulation disorder and stroke: Two case reports. In: Progress in clinical neurosciences, Ed:.Sharma BS, Neurol Society of India 2005; vol 20: 203-206.
5. Prasad A, Bhoi KK, Bala K, Anand KS, Pal HK. Phenyl propanolamine- induced intraventricular hemorrhage. Neurol India 2003; 51: 117- 118.
6. Pandit A, Bhoi KK, Das SK, Roy T, Choudhury A. Autonomic and peripheral neuropathy in chronic liver diseases: A clinical and electro physiologic study, J. of Assoc of Neuroscientists of Eastern India 2003.
7. Pandit A, Majumdar B, Bhoi K.K, Das SK. Neurological involvement in cerebral malaria. J of Assoc of Neuroscientists of Eastern India 2004.
8. Senapati AK, Ganguly PK, Roy T, Pandit A, Bhoi KK. Inherited disorders metabolism and stroke. In: Med. Update, Ed: Bhattacharya PK, Assoc of Physician of India, APICON-ASSAM 2003; vol-7: 319-324.
1. MD Thesis on ‘Observation on Fungal Infection In chronic Lung Diseases’. Sambalpur Univ, Orissa, 2000.
2. Double blind placebo- controlled trial of L- lysine monohydrochloride in patients with stroke due to cerebral infarction, As a project clinician being conducted at Bangur Institute of Neurology, Kolkata since Mar 2004.[Funded by Green Cross Terapeutics Ltd, Kolkata]
3. Multicentric trial of Divalproate sodium OD in migraine (A six-month post marketing surveillance). As a clinician conducted at Bangur Institute of Neurology, Kolkata in 2005.
4. An open multicentric non-comparative study to analyze the risk benefits of treatment with phenobanbitone in adult epileptic patients. As a co-investigator being conducted at Bangur Institute of Neurology, Kolkata since Aug 2005.[Funded by Nicholas Piramal India Ltd]
5. Profile of Duchenne/ Becker’s muscular dystrophy including molecular genetics and carrier state analysis. A collaborative study between Bangur Institute of Neurology, IPGMER, Kolkata and Dept of Biophysics, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Univ. of Calcutta. Presented paper on it in Indian Acad of Neurology, annual conference, 2006, Bangalore, India.
6. Multicentric trial: E valuation of Pirebedil LA in Parkinson’s Disease.(A three-months post marketing surveillance).. Conducted at Dept of Neurology, Modern Medical Institute,Raipur
7. A Long-term, Multicenter, Open-Label Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Flexible-Dose Oral Aripiprazole (OPC-14597) as Maintenance Treatment in Adolescent Patients with Schizophrenia or Child and Adolescent Patients with Bipolar I Disorder, Manic or Mixed Episode with or without Psychotic Features, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Development & Commercialization, Inc. (OPDC) Study 31-09-267,Conducted at Dept of Neurology, Shri Balaji Institute of Med Sc Pvt Ltd. Dubey colony. Raipur,2011-13,. KK Bhoi, Manoj Sahu, S Rajput, M Datta.
1. Bala K, Gupta M, Gupta R, Bhoi KK. Experience with intravenous sodium valproate in patients with cluster of seizures, Indian Epilepsy Assoc, Annual conference 2002.
2. Bhoi KK, Ganguly G, Senapati AK, Das SK, Ganguly PK, Roy T. A study of the treatment gap in epilepsy: In a tertiary health care centre in Eastern India. Asian-Oceanian Congress of Epilepsy, Annual conference 2004.
3. Pandit A, Bhoi KK, Guha G, Roy T. Aetiology of epilepsy with special reference to identification of the preventable forms: A study from Eastern India. Asian-Oceanian Congress of Epilepsy, Annual conference 2004.
4. Senapati AK, Basu S, Laha D, Bhoi KK, Roy T. Clinical and electrophysiological profile of patients wish acute idiopathic demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy (AIDP). 28th International Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology 2006.
5. Basu S, Barma P, Laha D, Bhoi KK. Clinical profile of SSPE in a tertiary institute of W. Bengal, India. 28th International Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology 2006.
6. S harma S, Sharma P, Anant S, Bhoi KK. CNS involvement in neurosyphilis. . Indian Acad of Neurology, annual conference, 2007, Mumbai, India.
7. Sharma S, Bhoi KK, Sharma P,Parashar A. Morvan’s Syndrome after scrotal tap and chemical instillation: A new association. Neuro Socy of India, annual conference, 2008, Mumbai, India.
1. Life memeber : Indian Medical Academy.
2. Life member : Indian Academy of Neurology.
3. Member : American Academy Neurology.
4. Member Secretary : Chhattisgarh Association of Neuroscientists, Raipur.
5. Member-Vp (MO) : JCI Medico City, Raipur, Zone-IX.
6. Member Secretary : Utkal Sanskritik Parishad, Raipur.